Follow me on Twitter

Everyone else seems to be - Click here: http://twitter.com/OldClucker

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Rain Rain and more Rain

When is it going to stop raining? We had some sunshine today but it was brief and inbetween torrential downpours.

I'm so pleased the pekin runs have roofs on them, otherwise the chooks would look like drowned rats.

I'm pleased to report the 3 youngsters managed to suss out how to negotiate the ladder tonight to go to bed, although I did have to drop them through the hatch this morning or they'd have stayed in the sleeping area all day without food or water.

I spent most of today, when it wasn't raining, splitting stone which had been delivered, to make a dry wall around my new raised fish pond. The stones were much too big to lift and if I'd employed a goliath to do the job for me, the wall would have looked out of proportion to the pond.

I managed to put my poor goldfish in the pond this afternoon as well. They'd been stuck in that small fish tank ever since last October when I moved here, and they are big fish! So I had to clean the tamk out every other day to keep the water clean even though there was a powerful filter and pump in there.

As soon as the fish were dropped in the pond they were like maniacs! Racing each other up and down the length of the pond and darting inbetween the pond plants like things possessed.

I have some extra room now in my lounge where the fish tank was. My house cat isn't amused that the fish have gone, they were her real time tv system, now all she has to entertain her is catching the occasional spider that gets in, sit on the incubator peering through the window to see if the chicks have hatched, or sit on the lounge window ledge staring at the pekins in their run.

Hopefully the weather will be slightly better tomorrow and I can get on with my stone splitting and make a start on the pond wall.

Swinging that lump hammer and hitting the stone splitter has made me feel tired let alone build up my muscles.

No comments: